Monday, March 5, 2012

Boarding Bust

Snow and I haven't ever been really good friends. I have been Skiing a few times, but I am no dare devil. When Jonathan found a Bucket List I had made before we were married with "Try Snowboarding" on it, he was convinced I should give it a go.

I borrowed a friends boarding equipment because we are the same height and shoe size. Being students we were able to get a good deal on renting equipment from Weber, so I convinced Jon to let me rent Ski's as well so I could return to my comfort zone if I so desired.

So after one run down the mountain, many falls, and a good crack on the head- I defaulted to Skiing. I wish I would have gave it a better try, but at least I can cross it off my list. Next time I try something new I think I will get an instructor. Jon and I get along better when he isn't trying to teach his hard headed wife.

After the day on the mountain we enjoyed some Coco-Latte Hot Chocolate together. It was so nice to get to do nothing but enjoy the company of my best friend and husband, Jon:)

Jon showing me how to hold a snowboard

Trying to come up with my own way to hold a snowboard...


After one run down the mountain on a snowboard

Happy to be Skiing!

On the Lift

On the last run, complaining he is hungry-- No surprise there!

Coco-Latte:)

Hot Chocolate... So nice after a cold  day

No comments:

Post a Comment