Monday, March 26, 2012

Meet Sawyer Sleeman


My first niece Sawyer Sleeman was born March 14th 2012 aka Pie Day. We had a contest within the family to see who could guess the day she would be born. Her Grandpa Curtis was the one who guessed right, but I'm still not sure what his prize was...


After she was born she gave us all a good scare. She was sent to Primary Children's Medical Center to be evaluated for a Heart Defect. Luckily hers was a one of the mild heart defects, although it still required open heart surgery. The procedure went the best it could have gone, and she has been recovering like a champ.


I was at Primary's NICU for Respiratory Clinical's the day she was discharged, so I got to go meet her for the first time there. The next day Jon and I went to see her at home. This was Jon's first time to see her, and you could tell he was quite nervous to hold her. We gave her some cute girl clothes. One of the outfits is yellow and pink and says, "I love my Auntie." I just couldn't resist!!



Her big brothers are so cute with her. Cohen wants to make sure she has this little stuffed bunny with her all the time, and Beckett wants to share his toys with her. He also thought it was pretty cool to feel her suck on her binky... Silly Boys.



I am so grateful for the surgical  intervention that saved her life, and the recovery she is making. I know all our prayers in her behalf were answered. I am so happy we have a loving Heavenly Father looking after us.

Congratulations Matt and Elise, on your sweet baby girl.


PS: Mister Mischief... Found my sunglasses in my purse.
Couldn't help adding this picture:)

No comments:

Post a Comment