Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our Nest is Blessed

About a month before Jon and I were married, we decided to start looking for a place to call our own. We diligently searched, spending many Saturdays looking at apartment after apartment...

One Saturday after searching all day, we made one last stop at a basement apartment a couple blocks from campus. I immediately fell in love with it! I was already picturing in my head how I was going to make it our own. The couple renting it out had us fill out an application, and said they would call us and let us know of their decision. Sadly they mentioned they had already had a lot of interest in it.

We crossed our fingers and said our prayers... and the next Monday they called to let us know the apartment was ours if we still wanted it!! And OF COURSE we did!

So without further a do...Get ready to begin your Virtual Tour of "Our Home."

Front Door

The Kitchen... Notice the dirty dishes in the sink, I can't ever keep up on them!

I hope you can notice the color theme... Red & Black:)

The LG Front Load Dryer was one of our first big purchases!





Where we hang our keys:)

The Dining Room... I love the window into the Kitchen!

Table Centerpiece... The Letters were from our Wedding Cake.


The Ceder Chest my Dad made me:)

The Living Room

Our 2nd big purchase...

Our Trusty Fouton:)




Our Wedding Book
 

Can't have a Home, without a Bathroom

The only thing I don't like is... No tub, but we have a huge walk in shower!

The Office

His Desk

Her Desk


The Bedroom.. (My sister asked Jon if he was sleeping in a girls room.. Hehe)

The Night Stand (Fun Fact: Jon is the first person I have shared a bedroom with!)

Room Divider we used at the Wedding

On top of my dresser... Little Memories from our Special Day.

But... The very best part of Our Home is the part you can't see... Its the spirit I feel here, I am so happy to have such a great place we can call home...






2 comments:

  1. I love your home, it looks great and comfortable. Enjoy it, you will always remember your first home together. I'm so happy for you two. Thank you for the tour.
    Have a great week,
    Mayela

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute! it is so much fun to have a place of your own. your story together is beginning and it is beautiful! it will be so much fun for you to have these pictures to look back on in 10 years or so :) love you!

    ReplyDelete