Monday, November 28, 2011

Feast, Family, and Festivities

This year Jonathan and I celebrated Our First Thanksgiving at Mimi's Cafe in Provo with my Mom's family. We had a great time visiting with family, and enjoying some great food. The best part was no cooking, or mess to clean up!

After we enjoyed dessert at my Aunt Emilee's house.


This also means I got to enjoy the company of my favorite puppy Mia! I was surprised that she remembered me, and loved me just as much as she used to:) because I hadn't seen her since before the wedding.


I have so many things to be grateful for... but spending the day with the people that I am most grateful for was the perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving.


My Sweet Gma and Gpa

Beautiful Kiersten and I

Watching Football with Jon
Goof Balls!

 Later that weekend, we spent the night with Jon's family welcoming in Christmas with the Annual Curtis Family German Advent. Jon's Mom went to Germany on a Mission, and carries on this tradition with her family.

We light a candle on the German Nativity. Once the candle is lit, the heat from it spins the fan on the top. It's really cool!



We eat German treats:) Made by Jon's Talented Mom... Jon loves "Black and White Cookies"


Then we play Charades and the Chimes. You don't know how competitive Jon's Family is until you play a game of Charades with them!



Now all I have to say is... Ta-Ta to Thanksgiving... and Come on Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment