Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Very Merry Chirstmas

Jonathan and I shared our first Christmas together this year. We were very excited, but mostly for surprising the other with gifts. Poor Jonathan has a hard time surprising me, but I thought he did a good job. We enjoyed an early Christmas Morning, just the two of us at our home. Then we quickly split to make it to all the families.

First we stopped by my Mom's and had a yummy very traditional "Pop Eye Pancake" breakfast. With the help of my step-mom I made my mom a new temple bag. I have been working on it for a long while, so I was very excited to finally give it to her.


I also got to run next door and see my bestie Heather. It is always so good to see the Thompson family! I miss seeing them as much as I used to.

Then it was on to my Dad's house. We got to go to church with them, and I got to see a lot of familiar faces I haven't seen in ages! It was so fun to see old friends in that ward. After church we spent some time opening gifts and visiting with my Grandma Hansen, and Gpa and Gma Peterson before they make their way back to Pennsylvania.

Our last stop was to Curtis Country! It was so nice to see all the family there. Most of them live far away, so it was really nice to visit with everyone. It was especially fun to see the nephews Cohen, and Beckett. They are a hoot! We also got to play a lot of games with Heather and Cam. They got us a new one for Christmas called Lost Cities. Boy oh Boy is it fun! My goal is to get good enough at it that I will be able to beat Cam when we see them in February!

Hope all of you had just as much fun with family on Christmas. Let us never forget why we celebrate this day, and the Joy our Savior brings to us.

1 comment:

  1. Let's first work on being able to wrestle the color blue away from me, then maybe we can talk about you actually beating me. LOL. Glad you liked the game, it was fun to see you guys. -Cam

    ReplyDelete