Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sacrament Quiet Book

I wanted to make a Quiet Book for Zella about the Sacrament to keep her busy while instilling basic principles during Sacrament meeting.

I had seen a couple of examples on Pinterest of course, but didn't LOVE any of them... So I made my own plan, and set to work!

FIRST -- I am FAR from a pro when it comes to sewing. I basically can sew a straight line, and that's about as good as it gets... SO... The book is a little rough, but Zella LOVES it, and it is very entertaining for her... Then as she gets older hopefully she will start learning from it as well:)

So the Following is "Our Sacrament Quiet Book"

Cover-- My Sacrament Book 
        I got all my pictures at Seagull Book. I covered this one with vinyl. It was such a pain to sew that I decided to just laminate all the rest. I got a fabric pen and some white muslim to write on for all the reading.


First Page-- During the Sacrament We... Whisper, Fold Arms & Bow Head, Listen to the Pray.   Sing from the Heart!
             This is Zella's Favorite Page! The notes & treble were just iron ons I found at Walmart.



Second Page-- Partake of the Bread and Water
              The bread is batting and gives it that bread look. I put little beads for the water. Zella loves the touchy feely things.


Third Page-- Think about Jesus and what He did for Me.
             I made the little sacrament tray, you can zip it open and out comes a little piece of bread & cup of water:) Zella will kiss the picture of Jesus. It is SO sweet!



Fourth Page-- Jesus Loves Me and wants me to be HAPPY!
              Under each piece of felt is a picture of Jesus. The little girls smile is sewed on with some slack so it can go from a frown to a smile:) 



 Last Page-- Just a sweet picture!





 Even though my sewing skills are lacking... I like how it turned out and how interactive it makes the Sacrament for my little Zella!



No comments:

Post a Comment